CVGT Employment is proudly creating social impact through trade.
As a group training organisation (GTO), our apprenticeship and traineeship program creates sustainable employment and training opportunities for a range of people, including those from marginalised backgrounds.
Our inclusive and for-purpose approach has gained acknowledgement from Social Traders, an independent organisation that provides the only social enterprise certification in Australia.
Social enterprises are businesses like any other, but they exist specifically to make the world a better place. That could be creating jobs for the most marginalised, providing services or protecting the environment.
The Social Traders logomark shows CVGT Employment has been independently verified as a for-purpose organisation that creates social or environmental impact through trade.
Social Traders promotes social enterprise procurement into business and government supply chains. It operates to embed social enterprise procurement into business as usual, to contribute to a fairer and more equitable Australia.
According to Social Traders, social enterprises must do three things:
- Have a defined primary social, cultural or environmental purpose consistent with a public or community benefit, and
- Derive a substantial portion of their income from trade, and
- Invest efforts and resources into their purpose such that public/community benefit outweighs private benefit.
There are three social enterprise impact models:
- Employment-generating – creates employment and training opportunities for marginalised people.
- Community need – delivers accessible products and services to meet community needs that are not met by the market.
- Profit redistribution – donates at least 50 per cent of profits or revenue to charity.
In achieving certification, we join more than 450 social enterprises across Australia that have successfully passed Social Traders rigorous assessment framework.
CVGT Employment Group Training
Group Training is an employment arrangement where CVGT employs apprentices and trainees under a training contract and places them with host employers.