Protected Disclosure Policy
CVGT Australia (CVGT) is committed to the highest standards of professional conduct while promoting a culture of honest and ethical behaviour, corporate compliance and sound corporate governance. It recognises the value of transparency and accountability in its administrative and management practices, and supports the making of disclosures that reveal improper conduct. CVGT will not tolerate improper conduct by the organisation, its directors, officers or employees, nor the taking of detrimental action in reprisal against those who come forward to disclose such conduct.
- assign, to a suitable senior and trusted position, the function of Protected Disclosure Coordinator;
- take all reasonable steps to protect people who make such disclosures from any detrimental action in reprisal for making the disclosure;
- afford natural justice to the person who is the subject of the disclosure;
- provide procedures that support this policy.
CVGT is committed to the protection of individuals who disclose information about illegal or improper conduct occurring within CVGT. This policy has been adopted to provide a safe and confidential environment where such concerns can be raised by disclosers without fear of intimidation, disadvantage, reprisal or detrimental treatment.
An essential component of this protection is to ensure that information connected to a protected disclosure, including the identity of a discloser and the contents of that disclosure, are kept strictly confidential.
When a person makes a disclosure, CVGT will ensure that:
- their identity must remain confidential according to their wishes;
- they will be protected from reprisal, discrimination, harassment or victimisation for making the disclosure;
- an independent internal inquiry or investigation will be conducted;
- issues identified from the inquiry/investigation will be resolved and/or rectified;
- the discloser is provided with regular updates on the progress of the investigation; and
- any retaliation for having made the disclosure will be treated as serious wrongdoing under this Policy.
For full details of the CVGT Protected Disclosure Policy, please download the ‘CVGT Protected Disclosures Policy’.