From the minute you contact us you will be supported and encouraged as we help you to search for the perfect job.
We provide a broad suite of employment programs that makes us unique in our industry. Our staff are experienced in delivering services to job seekers and we can even combine programs to find the best solution for you.
With CVGT Australia as your job partner, you can look forward to a smooth transition from school to work, apprenticeships or traineeships, job to job or returning to the workplace with confidence. Our employment programs for job seekers include:
Helping job seekers find a job and employers attract new staff that meet their needs. To access jobactive you must be registered with Centrelink and be receiving benefits. If you’re not currently with Centrelink, don’t worry, we can advise you on how to register or offer a service to help you develop your resume and provide you access to some of our facilities to search for a job.
Helping young people aged 15-21 on their journey to employment. There are three ways job seekers can access this service:-
- Referral from Centrelink – when you first claim income support
- Contacting CVGT Australia direct – this is called ‘direct registration’
- Referral by a jobactive provider – a jobactive provider may decide that Transition to Work will give you the best chance for employment or education.
Helping people with disability find sustainable and fulfilling jobs and access to resources that enable them to stay employed. There are three ways job seekers can access this service:-
- Referral from Centrelink – Centrelink will assess your current capacity for work to ensure you receive the most appropriate assistance
- Contacting CVGT Australia direct – you may need to undergo an assessment to determine your eligibility
- Transfer – if you move out of the area serviced by your current provider, or there are irreconcilable differences between you and your provider you can transfer to CVGT Australia.
Once you know which program is for you, the road to the perfect job will generally start with an interview with one of our employment experts. They will take time to get to know you to understand your current skills, goals and individual circumstances.
Useful information to bring to your first interview:
- Identity document e.g. drivers licence, passport
- A letter from your employer, separation certificate or other evidence that you have lost your job (if applicable)
- Your Centrelink customer reference number (if you have one)
- Any education certificates
- Details of your work history
- Names and contact details of referees
- A copy of your resume (if you have one). If you don’t have a resume don’t worry, we can help you prepare one.
At your first interview, we will work with you to develop a job plan. The plan identifies your employment goals and the services and training you need to find and keep a job.
The plan may also include help to search for jobs, work experience opportunities, help to gain new skills or qualifications or help to overcome barriers to employment.
Your job plan will be regularly reviewed as you work with us to get a job.
We will help you with:
- Preparing or updating your application letter and resume
- Preparing for job interviews
- Overcoming barriers to employment
- Job matching and marketing
- Access to work place modifications (if needed).
This means that you have the best chance at working on your strengths, finding the right job and staying in paid employment.
Once you have a job, we’ll stay in touch as you settle into employment. This is called post placement support.
If you’re looking for an apprenticeship or traineeship, CVGT Australia is a great place to start because we’ve have been supporting employers and their apprentices and trainees for more than 30 years.
FAQs for job seekers
How does CVGT Australia help me?
CVGT Australia helps job seekers by picking the right path to sustainable employment. Our links with employers mean we match your skills with their needs. We can organise training to help you learn new skills or build on your existing ones and we work with other service providers to give you all the support you need.
What is a Job Plan?
Your Job Plan sets out what we need to do together to get you into work. It basically lists the services and training you need to find and keep the right job. Your plan will help you search for jobs, get work experience, gain new skills and qualifications and overcome your barriers to employment.
How does CVGT Australia help job seekers?
We offer you greater choice. Because we work on a plan just for you, you get the best mix of skills, experience and personal support to get you into work. And our support lasts so when you get a job, you can trust CVGT to help you keep it.
We’re always coming up with new ways to tackle the problems job seekers face and we work with partners in training and community organisations as well as the private sector to create new opportunities for you.