CVGT is committed to a high standard of customer service and ensuring that feedback is handled in a fair and transparent way and contributes to the process of continuous improvement.
CVGT shall implement appropriate complaints handling processes to ensure that the concerns of individuals are treated seriously and responded to promptly, fairly, thoroughly and courteously.
- provide a clearly articulated process for customer feedback and complaints which is accessible and easy to use for anyone wishing to provide feedback or make a complaint;
- publicise the existence of our complaints and feedback procedure so that people know how to contact us to provide feedback or make a complaint;
- ensure that all employees know what to do if feedback or a complaint is received and how to respond;
- ensure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired;
- respond to complaints or feedback as quickly as possible;
- gather information which helps us to improve what we do.
This Policy is guided by the following principles:
- Timeliness: complaints and feedback will be handled in a timely manner, taking into account the complexity and seriousness of the issues raised, to ensure that all parties have access to an appropriate resolution and that opportunities for further concerns to arise are minimised.
- Natural Justice and Procedural Fairness: all parties will be afforded natural justice and procedural fairness in the handling of complaints and feedback, including:
- ensuring that all parties to a complaint know what to expect during the complaint and feedback handling process;carrying out the feedback and complaint handling process in a transparent manner;
- all parties have equal opportunity to participate in the process;
- treating all parties in a respectful manner; and
- providing reasons for decisions made.
- Equity: in managing all complaints and feedback received, CVGT will uphold all relevant legislation. Complaints or feedback will not be disadvantaged through lodging in good faith, regardless of the outcome. Complainants and respondents will be entitled to be assisted by a support person who may be an advocate, a member of the person’s family, a friend, carer or other person.
- Confidentiality: the privacy and confidentiality of parties will be respected to the extent practicable and appropriate; with acknowledgment that matters may be provided to third parties as necessary e.g. Department request, subject to production under the Freedom of Information Act or may be subject to subpoena.
- Recording: Accurate records of complaints and feedback will be kept and recorded in a central register, including reasons for all significant decisions.
- Resolution: where it is within CVGT’s responsibility, fair and reasonable remedies will be offered where appropriate.
- Authority: individuals involved in handling complaints or feedback will have the necessary authority and management support to carry out the process effectively, and will have (where specific skills are required, such as mediation) access to appropriate training and resources to fulfil their role.
- Conflict of Interest: individuals involved in the handling of complaints or feedback, or investigating or adjudicating, must not act where they have a conflict of interest.
- Review: complaints or feedback will be reported as appropriate, to review findings, consider the need to take further action and/or implement improvements, and to assess the operation of the complaints or feedback handling process.
- Continuous Improvement: preventative and corrective action will be taken to eliminate the causes of complaints and to improve service delivery and organisational effectiveness.
Please lodge complaints or feedback via our contact form.