CVGT Australia offices in metropolitan Melbourne will remain closed to the public, with the metropolitan area’s lockdown extended for a fortnight.
The Victorian government confirmed today lockdown would continue until at least Thursday 2 September.
The government also announced the return of an overnight curfew – from 9pm until 5am each night – and the reintroduction of permits for authorised workers.
The five rules for leaving home remain in place. They are:
- shopping for necessary goods and services
- caregiving or compassionate reasons, including medical care or to get a COVID-19 test
- authorised work or permitted education
- exercise (once a day for 2 hours)
- to get a COVID-19 vaccination
Mutual obligation requirements are suspended for job seekers and participants in the Melbourne area. But they are reminded that looking for work is a fundamental requirement.
Authorised workers will be required to carry permits when working, and when travelling for work, from 11:59pm on Tuesday August 17.