All CVGT Australia offices in Victoria are now closed to the public, with COVID-19 lockdown rules reimposed over the weekend for regions outside metropolitan Melbourne.
The Victorian government announced on Saturday that with the exception of an overnight curfew, regional restrictions were being brought into line with those in place in Melbourne.
At this stage the regional lockdown is due to run until Thursday 2 September.
Details about workplace restrictions and forms for essential worker permits are available here.
There are five reasons for leaving home:
- shopping for necessary goods and services
- caregiving or compassionate reasons, including medical care or to get a COVID-19 test
- authorised work (with a permit) or permitted education
- exercise (once a day for 2 hours)
- to get a COVID-19 vaccination (provided the distance travelled, and the time taken is no more than is absolutely necessary)
Mutual obligation requirements for job seekers and participants in regional Victoria have been suspended until Tuesday 7 September. Job seekers are reminded that looking for work remains a fundamental requirement.
CVGT staff can still be contacted in a COVID-safe way by calling 132 848 or by webchat.