If you are aged between 17 and 29, you may be eligible for one of 800 jobs with the Victorian Government.
The jobs are available under the Youth Employment Program, and can give you valuable on-the-job experience and training in various departments and agencies that can lead to long-term career.
What jobs are available?
The jobs are in metro and regional areas and run for between six and 12 months. They are offered under the government’s Youth Employment Program as a way to encourage youth to consider a career in the public sector. Jobs include:
- administrative assistants
- project support officers
- quality and safeguarding officers
- guest services officers
- operations officers
- vegetation officers.
Do I receive training and support?
Yes. To gain an introduction to working in the public service you will undertake a short training course in Public Sector Administration. In addition to general supervision, you will get job-preparation, mentoring and post-placement support to enhance your future employment opportunities.
Am I eligible?
The program is open to Victorians who are:
- aged between 17 and 29 years at the time of application
- eligible to be employed by the Victorian Government.
How do I apply?
- Register as a jobseeker at www.vic.gov.au/workingforvictoria
- Create your profile. Set your preferences for location and types of jobs you are interested in. Select ‘Public Administration and Safety’ industry and ‘Clerical and Administrative Workers’, as most jobs will be under these categories.
- You will be sent jobs that match your skills, interest, experience and location.
- Update your resume – we can help you with this
- Apply for jobs that suit you.
More jobs will be added online as they become available.