Good news for employers as the new financial year brings an increase in wage subsidy incentives for youth, long-term unemployed and parents from $6,500 to $10,000.
Wage subsidies are a financial incentive to encourage employers to hire people in ongoing jobs by contributing to the initial costs of hiring a new employee.
They can help to build a business and give employers more flexibility in their hiring options. Employers can access a wage subsidy if they:
- have an Australian Business Number
- have not previously received a wage subsidy for the same person
- are not an Australian, state or territory government agency
- offer a job that is expected to be ongoing and for an average of 20 hours per week over the six months of the wage subsidy agreement
- offer a job that complies with employment standards for the position – for example, is suitable work and pays as a minimum the national award wage.
We make accessing incentives easy. As your employment partner, you can be assured you will have access to all Australian Government incentives that you may be eligible to receive.
For a business to receive a wage subsidy, the job seeker must be registered with CVGT Australia and qualify under one of our relevant programs.
There’s more information on our website or call us on 132 848.