Lockdown has been extended across all of regional and rural New South Wales, meaning CVGT Australia sites there will be closed to the public.
The NSW government confirmed the lockdown on Saturday afternoon.
Stay-at-home rules now apply in regional and rural NSW until at least midnight on Saturday 21 August 2021. There are five reasons for leaving home:
- To obtain food or other goods and services locally
- To go to work if you cannot reasonably work from home and the business is allowed to be open
- To go to for education if it is not possible to do it at home
- To exercise and take outdoor recreation in the local government area you live in or if you need to cross into another local government area, stay within 10km of your home (limited to 5km from Monday, 16 August 2021)
- To go out for medical or caring reasons, including obtaining a COVID-19 vaccination. More detail about restrictions in NSW can be found here.
As in other areas that have been locked down, mutual obligation requirements for job seekers and participants will be suspended. But the federal government has been reminding job seekers that looking for work is a fundamental requirement.