Our community grants program provides financial support to community groups for projects that benefit the communities where CVGT Australia operates.
Grants can be applied for under the following categories:
We call for applications in March each year. Applications must be made in writing on the official application form which will be available on the website together with the terms and conditions between 1st March and 31st March each year.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
HOW TO APPLY
- CVGT Australia calls applications in March each year for financial support from a wide range of community groups
- Applications must be made in writing on the official CVGT Australia Grants Program application form
- Additional supporting material may be attached to your application
CONDITIONS OF APPLICATION
- A detailed budget must be submitted with the application
- The project must demonstrate forward planning, be well organised and include ongoing support from the group.
- Applications for retrospective funding will not be considered
- Any unspent grants must be returned to the program at the end of the grant period unless prior approval has been sought.
- Offer of grant by the program in no way implies any ongoing funding commitment or obligation.
- No information will be divulged regarding progress of applications prior to grant announcements.
- The Board and/or staff will be entitled to engage with successful grant recipients to discuss the project.
The following criteria will be applied when evaluating the eligibility of grant applications
All applicants/applications must
- Not be for commercial purposes
- Be an incorporated body. You may be able to organise for another incorporated organisation to apply for, or auspice, the grant on your behalf. This means that the other organisation would agree to act as a ‘banker’ for the grant The auspicing body would agree to take on the responsibility to acquit the grant on behalf of your group. They will need to attach a letter of support on official letter head, confirming that they are happy to act as the auspice for you project and that the grant will be used for the purpose that you have stated on the application form
- Include direct benefits to the community
- Be able to demonstrate their own contribution in the form of funds, services or in kind support
- Be based in an area serviced by CVGT Australia
- Agree to expend monies only in accordance with the successful project application
- Obtain all planning, building permits and any other authorisations including public liability insurance
- The project must comply with all federal, state and local government regulations
- Acknowledge the contribution of CVGT Australia in all media and promotional materials regarding the project. A copy of the company logo can be provided for your usage
- Complete the project within one calendar year Extensions may be granted in consultation with the CEO
- Limit application for grant to $1,500 per application.
ON COMPLETION OF THE PROJECT: Reporting
- A short report identifying how grant funds have been expended in accordance with the approved grant
- Relevant financial records detailing project expenditure
- Supply copies of any publicity materials or media coverage. Assistance with acknowledgement of funding will be given (eg. Help with press releases and company logo etc)
LIMITATIONS OF GRANTS
The grants program will not consider funding applications from:
- Religious organisations for religious purposes
- Projects which in the opinion of the company are the responsibility of federal, state or local government
- Appeals on behalf of auxiliaries or foundations undertaking capital appeals of a general nature
- Organisations that are in direct competition with CVGT Australia
- Political organisations or campaigns
Funding is approved at the discretion of the company.
Where support is declined, the company does not advise the reasons for individual decisions.
Please note: after clicking submit, please review the form, any errors or omissions will be highlighted in red.
The CVGT Community Grants program is now closed and will reopen in March 2019.