Lockdown measures will remain in place across regional New South Wales for another fortnight.
The NSW government made the announcement this morning. It means CVGT Australia offices across country NSW will remain closed until at least Friday 10 September.
The regional lockdown had been due to end this weekend, but more cases of COVID-19 have been recorded recently outside Greater Sydney.
Details of the lockdown extension, and the coming introduction of eased restrictions for people in NSW who are fully vaccinated, can be found here.
The exceptions for leaving home remain:
- To obtain food or other goods and services locally
- To go to work if
- you cannot reasonably work from home and
- the business is allowed to be open
- For education if it is not possible to do it at home
- For exercise and take outdoor recreation within your local government area or, if you need to cross into another local government area, stay within 5km of your home
- To go out for medical or caring reasons, including obtaining a COVID-19 vaccination.
Mutual obligation requirements for job seekers and participants in NSW and Victoria remain suspended, and updates will be published as they are provided. The Federal government reminds job seekers that looking for work remains a fundamental requirement.
While our offices in NSW are closed, we can be contacted in a COVID-safe way by calling 132 848 or using our online chat service.