We are expanding! CVGT Australia has been successful in a new Department of Justice & Regulation-Youth Crime Prevention contract. We have exciting opportunities for two staff working in our Bendigo based Head Office – one full time and one part time (.6) roles are available. Please ensure in your application you nominate your interest in part time or full time.
Second Chance is a diversionary health, education and employment support program in the municipality of Greater Bendigo designed to reduce custodial sentencing and recidivism of young people in Bendigo. The project targets young people aged 17-24 years who have appeared before the Bendigo Magistrates Court. It will support young people to achieve education or employment.
Key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Work with youth to identify appropriate diversionary path suitable for the young person.
- Create and nurture positive relationships with the legal fraternity, training organisations & health providers within the local government area;
- Actively engage with employers to identify job opportunities and assist in meeting industry workforce needs aligned with young persons’ needs;
- Maximise employment outcomes for youth placed into employment by providing post placement support.
- Provide services that address gaps in and complement existing services, including Commonwealth services.
- Tailor flexible employment support services delivered to meet the particular needs of young person responsive to the particular local/regional needs.
CVGT Australia is a great place to work and employs across Victoria, New South Wales and Tasmania. We’re in the business of getting people jobs and providing employers with work ready people while ensuring we provide a great working environment. A career at CVGT Australia is as exciting as it is rewarding with a range of benefits including:
- We offer a supportive environment where your skills are nurtured through career development and progression
- Fair pay and great benefits
- CVGT Australia values integrity, professionalism and quality
- Access to ongoing learning and professional development training
- Competitive company-wide bonus scheme.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
So if you’re passionate and driven to make a difference to the lives of others, and committed to helping those in need, then apply now before it’s too late!
Background in employment services preferred but not essential.
CVGT Australia is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians and people with disability.