We have an opportunity available for an Employment Services Professional/Employment Coach to join CVGT Australia. The successful candidate will work with our great team at Broadmeadows and be a representative for the Hume employment region. An Employment Coach provides intensive, pre-employment support to improve the work readiness of disadvantaged Victorian jobseekers. The program will be working within the Magistrates’ Court assisting the development of employment pathways for individuals in a diversionary capacity. The incumbents will work closely with court staff, the legal fraternity and our partner organisations.
You will report to the JVEN Team Leader/Employment Coach, your focus will be to provide assistance to disadvantaged Victorian job seekers to gain employment through tailoring employment support services that are flexible and meet individual needs.
Ideally, you will possess the following:
- Previous experience working within the employment services industry particularly with youth
- Excellent administration, time management, computer and data management skills
- Demonstrated capacity to implement problem-solving techniques, resolve conflict, negotiate and build rapport
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with and mentor people from diverse backgrounds, varying degrees of disadvantage, age and cultures
- Communication skills evidenced by highly developed writing skills and the ability to develop file notes that are logical, accurate and compliant
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and preparedness to take responsibility for one’s own skill development
- Ability to prioritise, adapt and develop solutions considered to ‘outside the box’
CVGT Australia is a not for profit, unlisted company that manages State and Australian Government employment and training programs such as Jobactive, DES and ParentsNext.
CVGT Australia is a great place to work and employs across Victoria, New South Wales and Tasmania. We’re in the business of getting people jobs and providing employers with work ready people while ensuring we provide a great working environment. A career at CVGT Australia is as exciting as it is rewarding with a range of benefits including:
- We offer a supportive environment where your skills are nurtured through career development and progression
- Fair pay and great benefits
- CVGT Australia values integrity, professionalism and quality
- Access to ongoing learning and professional development training
- Competitive company-wide bonus scheme.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
So if you’re passionate and driven to make a difference to the lives of others, and committed to helping those in need, then apply now before it’s too late!
Background in employment services preferred but not essential.
The successful applicants will be employed on a full-time for a maximum term to December 18 2018.