CVGT has a fantastic career opportunity for a horticulture trainee. The successful applicant will be given the opportunity to expand their current skillset and get exposure to all sectors of the horticulture industry. All while working towards and completing your traineeship.
- Full time opportunity
- Located in Dingee approximately 30 minute drive from Bendigo
- Gain a Certificate III qualification
- Earn while you learn on the job
To be the successful applicant for this position you will need to be passionate about farming and take pride in your work, you will also need to be a team player who understands the importance of teamwork but also have the ability to work individually and show initiative.
In this physically demanding position your duties will include:
- General maintenance and maintain operations to the hydroponics and irrigation systems
- Operate farm machinery and equipment
- Chemical application to crops
- Establish and harvest horticultural crops
- Control plat pest, diseases and disorders
- Current drivers licence (preferred)
- Knowledge and previous farming experience (preferred)
- Current Police check
- Drug and alcohol random testing