The Financial Manager determines and is responsible for all corporate financial functions of the company especially in relation to policies and plans and develops and recommends broad financial policies. The Financial Manager is responsible for initiating and implementing plans to maximize the financial resources to meet operating objectives and plans. Constantly appraising the company’s financial position and issuing periodic financial and operating reports to the CEO Executive team and Board of Directors including committees of the Board.
The Financial Manager is concerned with investment policy and distribution of earnings; sources and uses of capital, evaluation of capital projects, protection of capital and safeguarding assets by reduction of risks. The Financial Manager will also play a leading role in relation to banking negotiations, investment funds, taxation policies, and the development of management accounting systems and controls.
More specifically the Financial Manager will:
- Ensure that all financial related activities and records of the company are maintained, up to date and are in accordance with statutory reporting requirements, company policy and Australian Securities & Investment Commission legislation.
- Ensure that all Company insurance requirements are current and in accordance with Board and Executive direction. Ensure through the Finance team that all employee related statutory payments are made, i.e. Group Tax, Work cover, FBT, Superannuation and Payroll Tax where applicable.
- Produce Monthly financial reporting for the senior management team and Board of Directors that encompasses things such as a Consolidated Profit & Loss Statement, Balance Sheet, Due Diligence report, Cash Flow report, Debtors Report, Insurance, Work cover, Capital Works, Financial Dash Board analysis and other reports as defined by the GM Corporate Services and provide these reports to the appropriate managers and the GM Corporate Services.
- On behalf of the CEO respond to the Board Audit Committee requests via the GM Corporate Services.
- Provide a regular report to the GM Corporate Services advising of investment strategies for the company in accordance with company policy.
- To facilitate the leadership of the teams within the area of responsibility in a way which provides the direct reports with accountability for their responsibilities which encourages innovation, best practice, excellence, reward and recognition and a focus on the company Mission, Vision, Values and Corporate Strategy.
- Perform all duties with authorities & responsibilities as defined in the Policy Manual, Quality Manual & Departmental Standard Operating Procedures.
CVGT Australia is a great place to work and employs across Victoria, New South Wales and Tasmania. We’re in the business of getting people jobs and providing employers with work ready people while ensuring we provide a great working environment. A career at CVGT Australia is as exciting as it is rewarding with a range of benefits including:
CVGT Australia is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians and people with disability.
A statement addressing the key selection criteria is required.
Applications close June 26 2017.