We have an exciting opportunity available for an Employment Consultant to work in our ParentsNext program working within the Hume region.
As a ParentsNext Coach, you will work with parents who are preparing to return to work. You will help them identify their education and employment goals, develop a pathway to achieve their goals and link them to activities and services in their local community. This will be achieved by working with individuals to gain an understanding of their circumstances and skillsets to connect them to resources in their community.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to develop file notes that are logical, accurate and compliant
- a language other than English such as Arabac or Assyrian is desirable
- impeccable attention to detail, time management and organisational skills
- ability to communicate with people of diverse backgrounds, varying degrees of disadvantage, age and cultures with a view to improving people’s confidence and self-worth
- an understanding of the barriers faced by parents returning to work
- capacity to implement problem-solving techniques, resolve conflict, negotiate and build rapport through utilisation of effective judgment and decision making skills
- demonstrated ability of working individually and as part of a team to achieve targets and project goals
- sound computer and data management skills.
An attractive employment package including salary, access to a company pool vehicle for business use and superannuation will be offered to the successful applicants.
This position will be employed on a full-time maximum term contract working to 30 June, 2018 with the view to extend past this point subject to ongoing contract operation.
CVGT Australia employs across Victoria, New South Wales and Tasmania. We’re in the business of getting people jobs and providing employers with work ready people while ensuring we provide a great working environment.
A career at CVGT Australia is as exciting as it is rewarding with a range of benefits including:
- We offer a supportive environment where your skills are nurtured through career development and progression
- Fair pay and great benefits
- CVGT values integrity, professionalism and quality
- Access to ongoing learning and professional development training
- Competitive company-wide bonus scheme.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
So if you’re passionate and driven to make a difference to the lives of others, and committed to helping those in need, then apply now before it’s too late!
CVGT Australia is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians and people with disability.