The Corporate Accountant will assist in carrying out professional accounting duties and matters relating to the control of the finance office. A feature of this role is that it will entail the incumbent solving problems of difficulty using knowledge, judgement and work organisational skills and experience.. In addition, the role will provide assistance to higher and lower classified employees. This position will allow scope in exercising initiatives in the application of established procedures.
More specifically the Corporate Accountant will:
- Prepare monthly financial and management reports to trial balance stage including updating of reconciliations and producing financial reports as directed.
- Provide cash investment analysis and reports to management as directed.
- Prepare and complete tax returns and payments as applicable to CVGT such as BAS and FBT.
- Take a lead role in the management of debt, including the preparation of invoices and receipting of debts as required.
- Provide assistance and support to Finance team members in the conduct of their duties and responsibilities.
- Prepare for and participate in formal team meetings as well as informal daily team interaction.
- Assist in budget control and costing analysis.
- Assist in taxation, acquittals, audits, preparation of financial and or management reports and statutory reports
A statement addressing the following selection criteria is required:-
- Formal Qualifications
- CA/CPA Membership
- Understanding of key accounting policies relevant to NFP organisations.
- Accounting experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
CVGT Australia is a great place to work and employs across Victoria, New South Wales and Tasmania. We’re in the business of getting people jobs and providing employers with work ready people while ensuring we provide a great working environment. A career at CVGT Australia is as exciting as it is rewarding with a range of benefits.
CVGT Australia is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians and people with disability.