CVGT Environmental Policy
CVGT Australia Limited (herein referred to as CVGT) is committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment.
CVGT will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and CVGT will strive to use environmental best practices through the implementation and maintenance of an Environmental Management System (EMS).
CVGT will apply this EMS to its operations and services at its Head Office only. Staff members in all other CVGT offices are expected to comply with the spirit of this environmental policy in the context of the organisation in which they work.
- integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of CVGT’s decision
making and activities;
- promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an
environmentally responsible manner;
- train, educate and inform CVGT’s employees about environmental issues that may affect their work;
- maintain proper records and documentation control processes concerning activities relating to
- reduce waste through recycling;
- purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly;
- where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environment hazards exists,
develop and maintain appropriate emergency response programs;
- communicate CVGT’s environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and
encourage them to support it;
- avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products;
- work towards CVGT becoming a paperless company; and
- record and ensure corrective action occurs to any identified environmental non-conformance.
This policy will be reviewed annually through consultative processes in the light of legislative, corporate and industry best practice developments and CVGT’s current and planned future activities. It is authorized by the Chief Executive Officer and will be displayed at Head Office, on the CVGT Intranet and made available to the public on CVGT’s website.