Friday was a great day for many community groups when CVGT Australia rewarded applicants of the 2018 community grants program with thousands of dollars in assistance.
CVGT Australia Deputy CEO John Lynch said the company takes great pride in its support of community projects through the community grants program.
”We do this with a broader community picture in mind. CVGT’s promise is to deliver positive economic and social benefits to the community.
“Grants are available across all areas where CVGT operates, this year we have been able to support 20 groups making our communities better,” Mr Lynch said.
This year’s recipients are:
- Police Citizens Youth Clubs Ltd. (NSW) – canteen refurbishment
- Punchin Parkos Vic (Westmeadows) – rehabilitative fitness program for people with Parkinson’s Disease
- Albury/Wodonga Restart – essential goods packs for the homeless
- Leeton Community Care Inc – refurbish community kitchen
- Bendigo Dragons Abreast – two boating events for breast cancer survivors
- Bushfire Foundation Inc (Bendigo) – emergency animal rescue services
- Hispanos Unidos de Vic Inc (Ironbark, Myers Flat & Bendigo) – choir resources for people with disability
- Heathcote Primary School – rebuild the chicken coop
- Muslim Professional Association (West Melbourne) – peer mentoring program
- Bendigo Fashion Festival Inc – fashion show
- ACON Health Ltd (Albury) – Border Pride Fair Day
- Harry Little Memorial Pre-school (Bendigo) – renew the sandpit and purchase a new cover
- Echuca Football/Netball Club – make change rooms suitable for female athletes
- Maldon Pony Club Inc – new PA system
- Tallangatta Cricket Club – purchase uniforms for the girls team
- Yarrawonga Mulwala Basketball Association – purchase team singlets
- Kangaroo Flat Primary School – refugee homework tubs
- Maribyrnong Park Football Club – contribution to the expansion to a girls program
- Sandhurst Marist Dockers – purchase items for athletes with disability.
Each group to benefit from the community grants program were invited to attend a presentation and afternoon tea.